- This event has passed.
Dundee Science Centre Festival
October 6 @ 8:00 am - October 21 @ 5:00 pm
Dundee Science Centre is calling for organisations/individuals to be part of Dundee Science Festival 2018 running from Saturday 6 October – Sunday 21 October.
Managed and delivered by Dundee Science Centre, last year’s Dundee Science Festival reached a total of 9,351 people. Building on from this success, Dundee Science Festival 2018 will provide a variety of accessible and engaging science experiences in order to reduce barriers to participation for local audiences.
The festival will be held across the city of Dundee aiming to involve the local communities and engage hard to reach audiences. The festival would not be possible without the wonderful support from our volunteers and therefore we are looking for organisations to be part of the following events:
A host of drop-in activities at stalls and short talks in our auditorium at Dundee Science Centre. If you work in an area related to any of these topics, would you be able to deliver an activity or demonstration that could communicate your work to a wide audience?
- Medical Technology (6th & 7th October, 10-5pm)
- Let’s explore the amazing discoveries of our local area and get to grips with the new technology used in medicine!
- Explorers! (13th & 14th October, 10-5pm)
- This event will transform you into an explorer! Whether it is our planet or another, there’s something to be discovered all around us!
- Digital Technology (20th & 21st October, 10-5pm)
- Do you think video games are all the same? Or worry that robots will take over? Come along to try out every type of tech you could dream of!
These are free family drop-in events that will be held in local community hubs. We want to pack community halls with exciting stalls that they can engage with at their leisure in order to increase accessibility for local people, removing barriers to participation such as finance and transport. These events are a superb opportunity to deliver activities for people who may not have had the same access to science and they always create truly meaningful engagement.
- Thursday 11th October (10-2pm)
- Wednesday 17th October (10-2pm)
We’re looking for multiple volunteers to give a 15 minute talk and facilitate an informal Q&A panel session to increase the audience’s awareness of one of the following topics and provide meaningful information through discussion.
- STEM for Women & Girls (12th October, 1:30-3:30pm)
- A discussion with local people around the women of STEM and their journey through a historically male dominated field.