If you are looking for a project to fill the weeks before the end of term, which still relates to your subject and allows your pupils to develop invaluable soft skills. Look no further!
To celebrate Maggie’s Penguin Parade Al-Maktoum College are hosting a competition which gives pupils the chance to develop their research, team working, communication and presentation skills.
Any pupils, any subject and any school can get involved.
All you have to do is;
- In class work in teams. (Maximum 5 pupils per team.)
- Create a 2-5 minute presentation including a hand-out / report / poster / artwork / recipe that the judges can look at on the day. Topics must relate to Penguins or Maggie’s Penguin Parade. (As Al-Maktoum’s Penguin is Star Wars themed, you are welcome to include a Star Wars influence in your idea or presentation.)
- Each school can submit a maximum of 2 teams to the final. (Schools attendance and number of teams coming must be confirmed by Monday 18th)
- Start Date – Change of timetable.
- Final Monday 25th June at Al-Maktoum College.
- Prizes to be won.
A self-contained project opportunity giving pupils the chance to develop invaluable soft skills including; research, communication and presentation skills as well as team-building and the ability to work to a brief and within a time-frame.
This fits in perfectly to the couple of weeks between the change of timetable and the end of term and is flexible enough to suit any subject area and year group.
Staff from DYW D&A and Al-Maktoum College are happy to come and speak to any school, teachers or pupils who are interested or would like more information.